Life Magazine – December 6, 1888 (# 310) – Central Park Puzzle
Cover : Accounted For, His sister doesn’t feel good because they have to eat what they cooked in cooking class, art by Stephen W. Van Schaick.
– Full page art or cartoon art by A. Luthi (probably)(A musical tea in the year 1888 BC).
– Half page poem and artwork by Oliver Herford, The Witch’s daughter, a fairy tale.
– Two page centerspread art by Charles Dana Gibson, A Central Park Puzzle, happy people in hired conveyances, unhappy people in expensive private carriages.
– Some current events include : Police Inspector Bonfield of Chicago and the Anarchists, The imposter Lord Vane Tempest in the wilds of Ohio.
– And many more smaller artworks, cartoon art, and ads … a very entertaining vintage publication!