Life Magazine – August 25, 1887 (# 243) – Heaven for Two, Hades for Three
Cover : Loving couple in bull pen discussing charging bull, art by V.
– Artists and cartoonists include Albert E. Sterner (full page, tennis theme), Chip, H. McVickar, Hanson, F. M. Howarth and more.
– Two page center spread art by Stephen Van Schaick, Heaven for two, Hades for three.
– Current topics include Secretary Whitney and Rollo, Mr. Henry Ives, Ferdinand Ward, Mr. Lamont, The Argus, the Thistle.
– An August appear by F. D. S.
– Shakespeare out of doors.
– He saw a cool deed, the title to an ice house.
– Small ad for Perrier-Jouet champagne, the wine of the peerage.
– Small ad for Fort Griswold house.
– Small ad for Ruinart Champage.
– And more.