- Vietnam war escalation begins, 150,000 US troops deployed to Vietnam.
- The Beatles play at Shea Stadium. The concert set new world records for attendance (55,600+) and for revenue.
- "The Sound Of Music" with Julie Andrews is released, wins Best Picture at the Academy Awards.
- Famous Births ... Sarah Jessica Parker, Trent Reznor, Elizabeth Hurley.
- Deaths ... T. S. Eliot, Winston Churchill, Nat King Cole, Edward R. Murrow.
- Masters Tournament - Jack Nicklaus shoots a Masters record 271 (17 under par) to win by nine strokes.
- A Loaf of bread cost 21 cents.
- The Palm Sunday Tornado Outbreak: An estimated fifty-one tornadoes (forty-seven confirmed) hit in six Midwestern states killing anywhere from 256 to 271 people and injuring some 1,500 more.
- Canada adopts the red and white maple leaf flag.
- Sony introduces it's Betamax video recorder.
Scroll down to see our 1965 LOOK Magazines for Sale
NOTE : Most 1965 LOOK magazines have some regional content that varies from issue to issue. These pages are numbered with an M, i.e. page M3, and are not part of regular pagination, nor does this content appear in the table of contents. We have attempted to indicate items that were on an M page and, therefore, may or may not be present in the issue you purchase. We noticed this only partway through the description process, so it is entirely possible that we missed adding "M page" to something. PLEASE TELL US WITH YOUR ORDER if you need a specific ad or article, I will not take returns for a "missing" M page item.