- USA creates National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
- Elvis Presley enters the U.S. Army.
- The film musical "Gigi" is released and goes on to win nine Oscars including Best Picture.
- Famous Births ... Alec Baldwin, Michelle Pfeiffer.
- Deaths ... Julia Lennon, mother of John Lennon, Gladys Presley, mother of Elvis Presley.
- NFL Championship: December 28 the Baltimore Colts won 23-17 over the New York Giants in overtime. The game is later called the "Greatest game ever played".
- Cost of a gallon of Gas... 25 cents.
- Munich air disaster - 21 dead, including 7 Manchester United Players.
- A revolution in Iraq overthrows the monarchy.
- The Microchip first developed in US by Intel.
Historical Highlights of 1958 ...
Scroll down to see our 1958 LOOK Magazines for Sale