LOOK Magazine – November 28, 1944
Cover : Football player in orange and black leather helmet, Ben Chase (Navy).
– Army – Navy Football, Tom Lombardo, Don Whitmire, more.
– What shall we do with Japan?, by Edgar Laytha.
– Youth demands its own new deal, Glen Falls in New York, LOTS of photos, no names.
– Full page color Nash Kelvinator ad with soldiers in field in Holland, art by Fred Ludekens.
– Small photo of Robert Keith Pritchett and his squad in pumpkin patch on South Pacific Island.
– Photocrime, solve it yourself, Key to the Solution.
– Full page color Electric Boat company ad with art by Fenyo, Strangle hold by the deep sea arm.
– Bill Newcombe and his military cartoons.
– Full page Liberty Mutual insurance ad with art by Frank Etienne.
– OK, this title is a bit dated (!),”What was your worst boner?”
– LOOK Magazine picks the four most beautiful women in Hollywood : Hedy Lamarr, Ingrid Bergman, Linda Darnell, Gene Tierney.
– Ethel Barrymore, first lady of the American Theater – big feature.
– Very nice full page color GM locomotive ad with lovely Boston and Maine train, engine 4204.
– Aunt Effie, shares Ventriloquist Edgar Bergen’s knee with McCarthy and Snerd.
– Full page color Studebaker ad with Seabee Balaban and Joe Balaban, art by R. Skemp.
– Full page Chrysler ad with art by Albert Dorner.
– Lovely full page color General Electric lamps ad with art by Kunst, I think.
– Get the Carriers, the Steichen boys, Edward J. Steichen, Roland Gift, great two page photo of Grumman Hellcats on carrier deck, more – big article.
– Full page color Oldsmobile ad with Black Widow plane, art.
– Hairdos for teenagers.
– Fashions, long dresses are back for evening wear.
– Cute full page Old Gold cigarettes ad with serviceman in wheel chair.
– June Duprez, film rediscovery.
– Movie review : “None but the lonely heart.”
– Singer Perry Como.
– Alcoholism is a disease.
– Full page color Chesterfield cigarettes ad, “He’s coming home!”