LOOK Magazine – May 2, 1944
Cover : Generalissimo Chiang Kai-shek, painted by Harold Von Schmidt.
– Marriage is a serious business.
– Inside bombed Berlin by Walter Taub.
– Amazing photo of Carl Cathey holding up a jeep with his feet.
– Photoquiz, identify the photo.
– Wenzell Brown’s favorite war story, Kate Malley and Virgil Bancroft meet in Hong Kong prison.
– Meet the People section includes Martin Joludow, Glen McCormick, Gloria Hallward, Lois Mae Nolte, Carl William Blake, Teri Keane, others.
– Nice full page color Western Electric ad with art by Paul Rabut, battle talk.
– A visit to hometown, China. Nice feature.
– Should mothers have careers?, includes Flora Campbell Cutler, Dorothy Campbell Adams.
– Cute full page Swan soap ad with a bunch of cherubs on a sail boat.
– Actress June Havoc in Mexican Hayride.
– Recipes for Star Beef Pie, Beef Pot Roast, Mexican beef.
– Lovely movie poster ad for “Lady in the Dark” with Ginger Rogers.
– Full page color 7up, 7-up Fresh up ad and feel chipper.
– Feeding our invasion army, best fed in the world, C-rats.
– Honolulu barn dance, U.S. Marines, includes Harriet Brenner, Nadine Unger, Florence Walsh, Arthur F. Beeler, Paul J. Weaver, John R. Neumann, others.
– The world’s greatest fighting men, Part II – The Fighting Scots.
– Seventh running of the Kentucky Derby horse race.
– Nine one-chair exercises to go girdle-less.
– The truth about allergies.