LOOK Magazine – December 14, 1954
Cover : Norman Vincent Peale and Bishop Sheen.
– Religion’s best Sellers, Dean Pike, Billy Graham, more.
– Football All America team.
– Husbands, the new servant class.
– LOOK Magazine applauds the “Back Home for the Holidays” movement.
– Full page color Texaco Havoline motor oil ad with Jimmy Durant and Donald O’Connor.
– Half page cartoon strip by Shirvanian, Shine? about a shoe shine.
– U.S. Air Force and Operation Mercy, floods in East Pakistan = Bangladesh.
– Two page color Plymouth Belvedere 4-door sedan ad, turquoise.
– Two page color DeSoto Sportsman ad, red and white.
– Lots and lots of big car ads.
– Mary Martin sings Peter Pan.
– FDR and the decision for war.
– The secret diary of Harold L. Ickes.
– Sweet Sixteen, Joann Miller and the Miller family – photo essay.
– Berlin’s golf course, Wannsee, Germany.
– Exercise can help your heart.
– The Post Office auctions off unclaimed articles.
– Rocky Graziano’s “Fight of my life”, part 2, boxer.
– 13 members of the Otte Boersma family move from Rijswijk to Minneapolis.
– Big feature on Christmas gifts.
– June Taylor, the girl behind the Gleason girls, choreographer.
– Fashions, teenagers, mostly legs.
– Punch recipes.
– Movie review – The Country girl, with Bing Crosby and Grace Kelly.