Life Magazine – September 8, 1887 (# 245) – Curly Hair
Cover : If god meant you to have curly hair — who help themselves, art by Stephen Van Schaick.
– Artists and cartoonists include A. L. Brennan = A.L.B., Chip, R. F. Bunner, A. S. Daggy, C. D. Gibson, F. M. Howarth, M. Woolf, Oliver Herford, Bellew, and others.
– Two page center spread art by Albert E. Sterner, Love a La Mode.
– Current topics include Grand Army of the Republic, Prince Ferdinand, The Strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde is like William Wilson by Poe, Judge Potter, Joseph Pulitzer, poor children in New York City, and more.
– Cupid and Mr. Pagina by Vladimir Vix.
– RUST is from RUS, the country; to rust, to live in the country.
– Life’s vacation editor reached Saratoga, Jewnited States Hotel.
– Proverblets : Speech is silver, but the coinage is debased.
– Small ad for Bent & Co.’s water crackers.
– Half page Pears’ soap ad, a Specialty for children, artist is — Marie.
– And more.