Life Magazine – September 1935 (# 2606) – Sailing priorities
Cover : Four sailboats in a race, three have serious crews and are well heeled-over, the fourth has a luffing sail and an embracing couple, art by Gilbert Bundy.
– Full page color ads for Old Overholt whiskey, Ethyl gasoline (zebras Mike and Mame), Mount Vernon whiskey, Body by Fisher (Turret Top), Camel cigarettes (with Tennis play Bill Tilden, plus Mrs. J. B. Feeley, C.A. Anderson, Eileen Tighe, Dick Hungerford.
– Full page black and white ads for Ipana Tooth Paste (thousands of flying hours), Listerine (Casanova), Top Flite men’s toiletries, Spud cigarettes, Crab Orchard whiskey.
– Full page color artwork by James Chapin, The American Scene 7 : Pretzel man.
– Short story by Irving D. Tressler, Mr. Cullum and the trench.
– Full page art or cartoon art by George Eggleston (Large woman playing tennis tries and fails to jump over net at end).
– Poem by Ogden Nash, Tears in a Beer.
– Our native industries 8 : For Dear Old Evinrude, by James W. Holden.
– Some current events include : Aggression of Italy against Ethiopia (may precipitate another World War), Need to avenge the defeat at Adowa, League of Nations, Two of the Dionne quintuplets have become the wards of King George.
– And many small artworks, cartoons, humorous short pieces and much, much more.