Life Magazine – September 15, 1887 (# 246) – Unlucky Bachelor
Cover : Little girl talking to unlucky bachelor, Bad Luck, art by Albert E. Sterner.
– Artists and cartoonists include Chip, Michael Angelo Woolf, Stephen Van Schaick, A. S. Daggy, and others.
– Two page center spread art by Charles Dana Gibson, Trying a new poison.
– Current topics include Mr. Howells and his fallacies, Tolstoi, literary criticism, the Ute Indians and a disputed horse race (Life sides with the Utes) and more.
– To Katydids, a poem by Idle Idyller.
– Recent Newport events go very far to show that a man need not have a savory reputation so long as he is a Duke.
– How they spent Labor Day.
– PUNCH is to be printed on foolscap hereafter, for reasons that at once suggest themselves.
– Small Packer’s Tar soap ad with three little kids.
– Quarter page Red Fern Ladies’ Tailor ad.
– Small ad for Fred Brown’s ginger.
– Quarter page loud ad for Digestylin, a cure all.
– Gorgeous half page Pears’ soap ad with small child bathing in large shell, A Specialty for Infants, no artist name.
– And more.