Life Magazine – October 20, 1887 (# 251)
Cover : Breakfast humor, art by Stephen Van Schaick.
– Artists and cartoonists include M. Woolf, Chip, R. F. Bunner, C. D. Gibson, W. de Meza, and others.
– GREAT center spread art by Stephen Van Schaick, Since We are a Nation of Immigrants, if prominent Americans would put truthful portraits of their ancestors in their homes.
– A deordorized edition of the Heptameron is shortly to appear: what next?
– Current topics include Mr. Howells and novels, imbecile on the Senate committee on Patents, New York police and labor organization riots, and more.
– Mr. Wilton’s adventure, chapter 4.
– Is it against the law to wink?
– SPORT : includes man running backwards at Manhattan Club, 75 yds in 11 1/5 seconds.
– Small Huckins’ soups ad, includes Green turtle, mock turtle, ox tail, Mullagatawney, and Terrapin among others.
– Small ad : Agents wanted for National Novelty Company.
– The plainest Pears’ soap ad ever, no art, big letters.
– And more.