Life Magazine – October 1935 (# 2607) – Naked decorum
Cover : Two workmen carrying the statue of a naked woman while the third fetches a blanket to cover her up, art by Ned Hilton.
– Full page color ads for Old Overholt whiskey, Camel cigarettes ad with Lou Gehrig, James Bausch, Harold “Dutch” Smith, Mrs. J. B. Feeley, Dick Hungerford, Gene Sarazen, Helen Hicks, Bill Tilden and Jane Fauntz, General Dual 8 with excellent art of mother bundling her daughter in to red rain cape, not signed, Good Year tires ad (now you can escape), Lucky Strike cigarettes with woman in red dress.
– Full page black and white ad for Ipana toothpaste (outrageous), Listerine (Henry the eighth), Crab Orchard whiskey,
– Full page color artwork, landscape format, The American Scene 8 : Civic Improvement, by Charles Burchfield.
– Full page art or cartoon art by George Eggleston (Woman having trouble getting a slip off over her head is helped by an embarrassed painter).
– Poem by Ogden Nash, Mr. Barcalow’s breakdown.
– Our Native Industries 9 : Head guards, thigh pads and cleats, by S. A. Tannenbaun.
– Cute little cartoon, “They’re for night games at the Colorado School of Mines,” football helmets with miner’s lights on them.
– Some current events include : The average business man could be brighter, “Soak the rich” taxes, American business has never faced the realities of unemployment as a permanent problem, Mussolini appears to be starting a war.
– And many small artworks, cartoons, humorous short pieces and much, much more.