Life Magazine – November 24, 1887 (# 256)
Colored cover (green) : Thanksgiving theme, art by Stephen Van Schaick.
– Artists and cartoonists include Chip, A. J. Clapp (also signs as A.J.C.), F. M. Howarth, Woolf, A. L. Brennan, and others.
– Two page center spread art by Oliver Herford, rats dining at Thanksgiving table.
– Small ads for a number of Sumptuous Holiday publications.
– A truthful romance, poem by William H. Hills.
– Current topics include Execution of the Anarchists, Crown Prince of Germany, Buffalo Bill in England, Rev. Leonard Woolsey Bacon in Savannah, Georgia, and more.
– The richest man in Vermont is said to be Colonel Estey.
– The site of Eden, Charleston.
– Social customs in Boston.
– The heathen’s lament.
– How the great Dailies are Edited.
– Ad for Arnold, Constable and Company costume department.
– Illustrated ad for Ovington Brothers Copeland Ivory dinner service.
– And more.