Life Magazine – November 17, 1887 (# 255) – Formal Dance Humor
Cover : Formal dance humor, art by H. McVickar.
– Artists and cartoonists include Stephen Van Schaick, Coultaus, Bellew, Gray-Parker, Chip, Woolf, E. Markem or Markenz, second Gray-Parker (full page), “Champ”, and others.
– Two page center spread art by Van, Menu for 1888, a Step toward the Millennium.
– Current topics include Mr. William Nye, the weak young men of Gotham (New York), and more.
– Nursery rhymes by Emile Andrew Huber.
– Remarkable memories by Wm. H. Siviter.
– The romances written by F. Marion Crawford.
– On ladies clubs.
– Small ad for Crosby’s vitalized phosphates, cure-all potion.
– Very nice ad for Naphtha Launch gas powered boat, illustrated.
– Small ad for Haviland China with Game set 265, mallard platter.
– Small ad for Baker’s Breakfast Cocoa.
– And more.