Life Magazine – March 10, 1887 (# 219)
Cover : Widow about to leave mourning, talking to her very black servant, art by W. L. S.
– Editorial about the odd and impromptu speech subject change by James Russell Lowell.
– Gossipy comment on Sir Charles Dilke and his new half million dollars.
– Two whole pages of sly humor pertaining to explorers, Exploring Expedition to the Wild West, Captain Blizzard Blazier, includes five pieces of art by W. A. Rogers, three with a kayak or canoe.
– Charming small cartoon by Charles Dana Gibson about injured young boy who is happy he won’t have to wash his hands and face for a week.
– Great two page center spread art by Charles Dana Gibson with military leaders and cannon, Who Opens the Ball?
– Half page cartoon by O. Herford, A Souvenir of the Wild West.
– Half page art by H. A. Ogden, “Impressions of Ruddygore”
– Full page that is the 27th annual statement of the Equitable Life Assurance Society.