Life Magazine – June 30, 1887 (# 235)
Colored Cover : Fourth of July theme art in red, white and blue by F. G. Attwood.
– Fourth of July.
– Artists and cartoonists include Stephen Van Schaick, Chip, a number of F. G. Attwood, and others.
– Two page center spread art by Oliver Herford, graduate student and astronomy theme.
– Editorial topics include The Fourth of July, Fireworks, General Fairchild, rebel flags, Andover Theological Seminary and Professor Smyth.
– Praising author Sidney Luska (Henry Harland).
– Humorous and politically incorrect “Foreign notes.”
– Small Huckins’ soups ad, includes Green turtle, mock turtle, ox tail, Mullagatawney, and Terrapin among others.
– Small ad for Ronne and Parbour portable cottages.
– Small ad for Judson’s perfect purity filters.
– Nice half page Pears’ soap ad with art by Russell and Robertson.
– Full page blue United States Mutual Accident Association insurance ad.
– Nice small ad for the Hotel Breslin, Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey.
– And more.