Life Magazine – June 2, 1887 (# 231) – Lady with frogs
Color covers (tangerine) – woman and frogs, art by Stephen Van Schaick.
– Half page cartoon by Stephen Van Schaick, “Let the punishment fit the crime.”
– Poem by M. W. W., “The Impression she made.”
– Half page ad for Century magazine, mentioning articles on boat racing.
– Editorials refer to Dr. McGlynn, Boston Country Club, steamships Oregon and Britannic, Mr. Stagg (Yale baseball pitcher).
– Half page verse and art by A. W. Hamington, Stephon’s Wail.
– Poem by Clarence Stetson, The Genial Warmth of Spring Poetry.
– The philosophy of Etiquette, by Eureka Bendall.
– Quarter page cartoon by Chip, “Evicted”, birds and bird house.
– Unaccountably overlooked by Wm. H. Siviter.
– Half page cartoon by Stephen Van Schaick, At Auteuil.
– Great two page center spread art by Charles Dana Gibson, Mors Victis, lion and woman.
– Tongue-in-cheek news announcement of collision of steamships Celt and Briton, Black Star Line (obviously a play on the Cunard – White Star Line).
– Quarter page cartoon by Stoutenburgh, pertaining to hot weather and barbers.
– Half page cartoon strip by Coultaus, The New Steam Yacht.
– Ad for Paillard’s music boxes.
– Nice illustrated ad for Hotel Breslin, Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey.
– Very nice full page illustrated for Lake George and the Fort William Henry Hotel.