Life Magazine – July 7, 1910 (# 1445) – Wild Oats Number
Cover : Nighttime scene of woman climbing down ladder to her man waiting with two horses, “The Elopement,” art by C. Clyde Squires.
– WILD OATS NUMBER (rowdiness, sowing wild oats, partying and such).
– Full page ads for Peter’s chocolate (with nice art of people on a cruise ship), Humorous number of Life, Life’s Mental Vibration Bureau, Packard Motor Trucks (with photo?), Wild Oats breakfast food (serve as is or with champagne), Warner Instrument Company for speed indicator for airplanes (with great photos of aircraft), American Automobile Association.
– Chant Royal of the Wicked Ogre.
– Very nice quarter page ad for Arrow collars, not signed but probably by Leyendecker.
– Full page art or cartoon art by Arthur Lewis (A joy ride A.D. 1912 … people falling out of aircraft), Harry Grant Dart (History as it might have been : David and Goliath).
– Two page centerspread art by Orson Lowell, The Call of the Wild.
– Some current events include : Mr. Baker says that the Ship of State has ballast at the wheel (not meant to steer), Regulation of the Railroads, Regulation of the trusts, Stock Brokers say that the government has become too meddlesome, Remarkable work being done by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Learning.
– Cute little photo of boys playing leapfrog at Life’s Fresh Air Camp or Farm.
– Full page color ad for Stearns cars with nice art by Ray Parmelee, Pall Mall cigarettes.
– And much, much more.