Life Magazine – February 3, 1910 (# 1423) – Tribute to Lincoln
Cover : Statue of Lincoln and setting sun, art by G. W. Harting, in memorial to Abraham Lincoln’s death February 12, 1809 – 1865.
– Artists and cartoonists include Rm. Crosby, F. T. Richards (full page), Mark Fenderson (full page), Lutz, A. B. Walker, Harrison Cady, C. Clyde Squires, Angus MacDonnall, Balfour-Ker, Otho Cushing, Warren Rockwell, B. H. Sanders, Wm H. Walker, George Barratt, Calvert Smith and others.
– Two page center spread art by Charles Jay Budd (C.J. Budd) about virgin forest vs. logging, pulp mills, and paper production and use.
– Pretty quarter page White Rose Glycerine soap ad # 4711, with cherubic child.
– Full page advertisement for next Life, VALENTINE NUMBER.
– Neat half page Firestone ad showing tire change, demountable rims.
– Quarter page Mezger automatic windshield ad, car windshields.
– Small Evans’ Ale, India pale ale ad, with red and black label (slogan, not color).
– Current topics include Secretary Knox’s plan for the neutralization of the Manchurian railroads, China, Panama Canal, more.
– Tribute to a vivisector, Dr. Crile.
– Popular birthdays, Victor Herbert, more.
– Sanctum talks.
– Defending Dr. Frederick Cook, North Pole, by Ellis O. Jones.
– Ballade of Victory, poem by Rem. A. Johnston.
– When Grandma fell in the well, a national affair, by Thomas L. Masson.
– Quarter page Cascade whisky ad, Nashville, Tennessee.
– Quarter page Kewanee Water Supply Systems ad, Kewanee, Illinois.
– Full page color Pierce Arrow car ad with nice art.
– And more.