Life Magazine – February 24, 1887 (# 217)
Cover : Lady admiring bouquet, “Dollars and Scents”, art by W. de Meza.
– Full page art with text, by F. G. Attwood, February Facts.
– Life and Dr. Howard Crosby both hold the view that it is not sinful to drink wine.
– A coming star, probably in tragedy, by Carlyle Smith
– Third page cartoon by Stephen Van Schaick, “Two A. M.”
– Really NEAT two page center spread art of navy fleet wreckage and a destroyed Statue of Liberty, “The Next Morning – being a view of the U.S. Navy and the City of New York taken after the arrival of a hostile fleet”, no artist signature visible.
– Half page cartoon by W. de Meza, Operatic.
– Sledding with mattress cartoon by Charles Dana Gibson, “Why Not.”
– Ad for E. D. Kahn, offering Covert Coats.
– Small ad for Barry’s Tricopherous for the hair.