Life Magazine – December 8, 1910 (# 1467) – Adam and Eve Number
Cover : Cute scene with naked couple sitting under tree, with snake and single apple in it, with the Sunday newspaper scattered all around them, “The First Sunday,” art by James Montgomery Flagg.
– EVE AND ADAM NUMBER (the sarcastic humor in this issue may not suit religious folks, but others will find it hilarious).
– Full page ads for Chalmers Motor company (runs with eagerness), Country Life magazine, Life’s Suffragette contest, Packard Motor trucks (with nice art of Curtis and Pope Lumber Company truck), McFarnlan Motor Car company, The Gasoline number of Life, Life calendars for 1911, Michelin anti-skid tires.
– Half page ad for Premier Motor Mfg with nice art.
– Full page art or cartoon art by Orson Lowell (The First Wardrobe : a dress for every day in the year).
– Two page centerspread art by Angus MacDonall, “John, I really must get some new gowns. I’m simply in rags.”
– Some current events include : Tolstoi, On being good and great and not wise.
– And much, much more.