Life Magazine – August 4, 1887 (# 240) – District of Columbia
Cover : Foreign impression of America, art by Stephen Van Schaick.
– Artists and cartoonists include W. de Meza, F. M. Howarth, Chip, Coultaus, and others.
– Two page center spread art pertaining to District of Columbia, Washington D.C., no artist name visible.
– Editorial topics include Heat, baseball, President Day, Boats Thistle and Volunteer, Henry M. Stanley, McGarigle, it’s the fashion to sue Judge Hilton.
– Bar Harbor Notes.
– Small ad for Crosby’s vitalized phosphates, strengthens the intellect.
– Quarter page ad for Kidder’s Digestylin.
– Small ad for Dr. Duval’s superfluous hair destroyer.
– Unusual half page Pears’ soap ad, geometric design.
– And more.