Life Magazine – August 1935 (# 2605) – Cannonball into Pool
Cover : Man doing a cannonball into a small swimming pool as oblivious people (who are soon to be wet) chat all around it, art by Richard Decker.
– Full page color Good Year tires ad (Bang), Lucky Strike cigarettes ad (Man carrying woman in plaid dress … I’ll never let you down), General Dual 8 tires ad (Another super lovely artwork, woman leaning against white car with orange sky, not signed), White Rock Water ad (It points up a good taste), Old Overholt whiskey ad, Chesterfield cigarettes ad with woman knitting in very charming red and white outfit.
– Full page black and white Ipana tooth paste ad (Barbarous), Listerine (Wake up, Little girl), Top Flite toiletries for men ad, Crab Orchard whiskey ad,
– Full page color artwork, landscape format, The American Scene 6 : Room in New York, by Edward Hopper.
– Full page art or cartoon art by George Eggleston (large woman trying out new fish net swimsuit, finds a fish in her suit).
– Poem by Ogden Nash, The song of Songs.
– Article by S. A. Tannenbaum, Our Native Industries 7 : Candy Bars.
– Some current events include : The Road to War (book) by Walter Millis, Hitler, War is coming, Split Skirt is back.
– And many small artworks, cartoons, humorous short pieces and much, much more.