Life Magazine – April 7, 1887 (# 223) – Easter
Color Covers (spring green) : Cupid aiming his arrow at a couple, art by A. Brennan.
– The Romance of to-day, verses by O. H.
– Neat art ad for Imperial Granum, the great medicinal food.
– Editorial pertains to loss of Mr. Travers, a cheerful fellow with an interest in sports.
– Quarter page cartoon by Roswell Bacon, Force of Habit.
– Poem “Lines” (suggested by the present craze in beast-pins), by J.C.C.
– Humorous piece on the rise and fall of Empires, by Wallace Peck.
– A (verbal) sketch of Isaac Newton (not humor) by Eureka Bendall.
– Poem by Idle Idyller, Ad Simplicitatem.
– Quarter page cartoon by Stephen Van Schaick, Epicurean.
– Excellent two page center spread art by Stephen Van Schaick, The Last of Lent.
– Follow-up sports column on the Yacht race.
– Quarter page cartoon by D. Newell, Remarkable Feet.
– Quarter page cartoon by Charles Dana Gibson, After the Elopement.
– Fine large ad for Redfern Ladies Tailor.
– Ad for R.J. Horner Furniture and English brass beds.
– Ad for Peter Henderson Seeds and Plants.
– Nice color (green) nearly full page Pears’ soap ad.
– Large illustrated green Lundborg’s perfune Edenia ad.
– Illustrated green Lewando’s French dyeing and cleansing establishment ad.