Life Magazine – April 21, 1887 (# 225)
Cover : People in the museum, art by L.Z.?, “Art in New York.”
– Editorial pertaining to Mr. Barnun, Jumbo the elephant, a lawsuit against Grand Trunk Railway, circus.
– Scathing editorial comment about quality of police detectives.
– Neat quarter page cartoon by O. Herford, with suit of armor, in time of peace prepare for war.
– Poem by Caryl Gould, “A Last Word.”
– Half page cartoon art by H. W. McVickar, A Great Problem Solved.
– Rhyme of the sad-eyed man, by A. M.
– “Perfectly Lovely”, not exactly a farce, long dialogue by J. K. Bangs.
– Great two page center spread art by Charles Dana Gibson, The Boys’ Millenium.
– Quarter page cartoon by R. F. Bunner, Similia Similibus Curantur.
– Small ad for Krakauer Ladies’ tailor, 19 East 21st St., New York.
– Great cartoon strip by Coultaus, The Veil Trick.
– Nice small illustrated ad for The Hammond typewriter.