Life Magazine – April 1935 (# 2601) – Staff playing Ping Pong
Cover : Charming scene of staff, maid and driver playing Ping Pong, art by Richard Decker.
– Full page color Rittenhouse square whisky ad with great photo of man in distillery holding up glass of whisky to check color, Lucky Strike cigarettes ad with woman in glamorous white and black outfit, Camel cigarettes ad (With very nice skiing scene with Edward Kent, Chicago Black Hawks hockey player Paul Thompson, Bob-sledder Ray F. Stevens, and skaters Jack Shea and Betty Chase), General Dual-Balloon tires with nice art of young man (it would take 17 years to replace him), Good Year double eagle tires ad with woman driving, White Rock Water ad, Body by Fisher ad with woman on ocean liner, Four Roses Whiskey ad with two men with camping tent and fish, Chesterfield cigarettes ad with woman at book store (Life begins at sixty).
– Full page black and white Ipana tooth paste ad, Crab Orchard whiskey ad, Listerine ad, Penn Maryland Whiskey ad, World Peaceways ad with art by Albert Staehle of ticker tape parade.
– Poem by Ogden Nash, The dog parade.
– Full page color artwork by Reginald Marsh, “The American Scene 2 : gaiety burlesque,” landscape format.
– Full page art or cartoon art by Herbert Roese (Mr. Hartwick hasn’t given me any dictation since we left New York), George Eggleston (Woman sharing a confidence learned at lunch with a friend with her driver afterward).
– And many small artworks, cartoons, humorous short pieces and much, much more.