Life Magazine – April 14, 1887 (# 224) – Charles Dana Gibson
Cover : Child and medicine, art by Charles Dana Gibson, A Bluff Game.
– Neat art showing people up on the torch of the Statue of Liberty, no signature.
– Poem by Henry Emerson, When First the Maid I Love, I Wooed.
– Half page verse and art by W. de Meza, De Profundis.
– Column pertaining to writer John T. Wheelwright and “A Child of the Century.”
– Half page cartoon by Stephen Van Schaick, The Effect of Culture.
– Very nice two page center spread art by W. A. Rogers, Knowledge is Power.
– More in the Sports column on the Yacht race, humor.
– Poem by Albert Comstock.
– Diary of a professional diner-out, by Roland King.
– Quarter page cartoon by H. E. Dey.
– Nice Redfern Ladies Tailor ad pertaining to Riding Habits.
– Large illustrated B. A. Elliott ad for a book “A few flowers Worthy of General culture.”