Cover : Summer hats, model Pamela Curran by John Vachon.
- Bell System ad with lineman on a pole, illustration by Norman Rockwell.
– Why I Turned Against Russia by Louis Fischer, Litinov, Sergel Eisentstein.
- I’ll Never Fight Again, by boxer Joe Louis, photo of Joe and fight promoter Mike Jacobs.
– Florida Polluted Paradise, Philip Wylie, bathing beauties photos, Hattie Carnegie.
– Blatz beer ad with endorsement by Dress Designer La Verne Sunde
- International Nickel Company ad with great stormy ocean illus by Charles (Chas) Rosner.
– LOOK’s All American Basketball Team, Ed Macauley, Vern Gardner, Alex Groza, Vince Boryla, Bob Cousy, Jack Kerris, Bill Sharman
– Margaret Schelstedt becomes a nun, Sister Pastores by Gretta Palmer.
– Judy Garland has a baby, Liza, with Nurse Duffy, great photos.
– Austria’s Homeless Masterpeices, looted by Nazis, now coming to the US, Brugel, Peasant Wedding Feast, Bellini, A Lady at Her Toilet, Cranach, Adam and Eve, Vermeer, The Artist in His Studio.
– Navy’s Hottest Fighter, the Chance Vought Cutlass, the tailless fighter.
– Bing Crosby in “Connecticut Yankee” movie with Rhonda Fleming.