LOOK Magazine – October 31, 1944
Cover : Bob Hope as a Bold Buccaneer.
– Victory Issue for Servicemen Overseas, will G. I. Joe get a job?
– Bob Hope, my junior partner, by Bing Crosby and Bob Hope.
– Full page color ad for Armour’s Treet meat (it is like Spam).
– Photocrime – Murder plays host (Solve it yourself)
– Sheldon Christenson tells his favorite war story, the sinking of a submarine.
– Cartoonist Glady Parker, cartoon Mopsy. She draws herself.
– Meet the People section includes Sarina Tusa, Irma Phorylles, Lois Elliott, Dorothy Winston, others.
– War veterans article includes Fred Gibson getting a job at Packard Motor Car company, war wife Dickie Dickinson, Shopper Eileen Gould,
– Actress Virginia Mayo.
– Twelve Detroit girls whose husbands are away form a club, Includes Betty Schott, Margaret Thomas, Jean Kindred, Doris Smith, Mary Laurence, and Pauline Newby.
– Two page color photo of Marjorie Stewart, Army pin-up girl.
– Drummer Gene Krupa.
– Actress Gypsy Rose Lee.
– Full page color Pontiac ad with art of US Coast Guard man by Bradshaw Crandell.
– Big feature on the magazine YANK.
– Dancer Katherine Dunham.
– What drew sport’s biggest crowds?
– Actor Charles Coburn.
– Movie review, “The Impatient Years” with Lee Bowman and Jean Arthur.
– Singer Marilyn Maxwell.
– The LOOK clinic, Is she the right girl for me?
– Who rules Japan now that Tojo has been ousted.