LOOK Magazine – November 16, 1943
Cover : Extremely lovely photo of Shirley Temple (this photo appeared in black and white in LOOK Magazine October 19, 1943).
– Why Cordell Hull stays in power.
– Full page color Willys jeep ad with art by James Sessions, Ordnance Doctors operate under fire.
– Photo of Nancy Giacobbi working at the Curtiss-Wright propeller plant in Caldwell.
– My favorite war story by Walter Cronkite, Riding a Fortress over Germany.
– Photocrime, solve it yourself, Murder with an accent.
– Turkey’s three wise men, Ismet Inonu, Marshal Cakmak, Sukru Saracoglu.
– Dan Keough, Times square cop, policeman, 18th precinct, New York City.
– Wartime reducing diet (and these folks were on rationing).
– Actor James Cagney, Jimmy Cagney, big feature.
– Lest we forget, Poland faces obliteration unless Germany is defeated soon.
– Curious Liberty Mutual insurance ad showing the warships that could have been built if only people were more careful and had fewer accidents.
– Full page color Studebaker Flying fortress ad with art by Frederic Tellander.
– Full page color United States Steel ad with grenade art by Bingham.
– The Ice-Capades of 1944, big photo of ice skaters Nate Walley and Edythe Dustman.
– # 31 in American Heroes series, John C. Atkeson, battle of March 26, 1943 in North Pacific, Komandorskie Islands, torpedoes.
– Spoils of victory, captured Axis equipment, neat photo of a 105 mm howitzer being lowered.
– Songwriter Kent Cooper.
– Orson Welles and the Trunk Murder.
– Full page color ad for watching what you say (like Loose Lips Sink Ships) – this one is “Idle Words Make Busy Subs! Keep it under your Stetson.”
– Amarillo’s Golden Sandies, high school football team.
– Glamorous winter fashion assessories.
– Radio performer Gertrude Lawrence.
– Movie Review : Sahara with Humphrey Bogart.
– Full page color Electric Boat Company ad with submarine art by Gerald Leake.