LOOK Magazine – March 24, 1970
Cover : Fold-out cover with Raquel Welch on outside, H. Ross Perot on inside.
– Cute full page ad, St. Renault and the Dragon, with illustration by Rick Meyerowitz.
– Leo Rosten lightens the mood with a few short humorous tales, including Joseph Pellegrino’s square spaghetti.
– The Edstroms of Sweden earn $16,000 annually, their taxes are $8,000, but they live well in Stockholm because of what their taxes provide for them.
– Ross Perot : Billionaire Patriot.
– Book reviews : comic novels “One Hundred Years of Solitude” by Marquez and “The Marriage of a Young Stockbroker” by Webb.
– Sunclothes in Baja.
– Raquel Welch and Mae West talk about men, morals and “Myra Breckinridge,” Gore Vidal’s best-selling sex comedy (apparently two divas on the set created some interesting problems).
– All America Basketball: Austin Carr of Notre Dame, Jim Collins of New Mexico State, Dan Issel of Kentucky, Bob Lanier of St. Bonaventure, Peter Maravich of Louisiana State, Rick Mount of Purdue, Calvin Murphy of Niagara, John Roche of South Carolina, Charlie Scott of North Carolina, Sidney Wicks of UCLA.
– Ireland’s Father James McDyer preaches the Gospel and Socialism, as a result emigration from the community of Glencolumbkille.
– Englishman David Frost dazzles American TV viewers.
– The new high school radicals, Steve Wasserman at Berkeley High School, California, Jim Gardiner at Intermediate School 44 in New York, Larry Welton at Fremont High in Los Angeles, Thomas Doland at Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts, Frank Gonzalez at Lincoln High in Los Angeles, Joshua Mamis at Intermediate School 44, New York.
– Movies : Richard Boone, Orson Welles, The Kremlin letter, Regional M pages.
– Full page Ayds weight loss ad with Phillip Spangler, Tank.
– Jenijoy LaBelle is the first female professor at CalTech, Pasadena, Regional M pages.
– Recipes : An Easter picnic for outdoor-lovers.
T section, when present, may include the following (plus more ads) :
– John Huston writes The Kremlin Letter.
– Two page color Alitalia airlines ad.
– A nice Jewish girl alive and well in Brooklyn, by Irene Pachanik Fischl.
– Tile style swim trunks.