LOOK Magazine – June 10, 1947
Cover : Pink Bride, Paule Croset.
– Full page Ipana tooth page ad with Betty Daly and her five children.
– Full page Bituminous coal ad showing rather grim company town, neat but plain.
– Full page movie poster ad for “The Woman on the Beach” with Joan Bennett.
– Half page color Lipton Tea ad with Barbara Stanwyck in lovely white, green and red outfit.
– Small photos of little Robert Eiserman of Hodgkins playing with puppies, Mrs. Joseph Hall being rescued from a burning hotel, Benny Stone throwing dollars to the crowd, Edgar Grimsley rescued after being sealed in a railroad boxcar for nine days, Miss Rosemary Schwebs of Menasha winning drum Majorette contest.
– What celebrity would you like to marry?, answers from Anthony Ianule, Andre Baruch, Naomi Rubrum, Esther Stanberg, John Cleary, Thelma Gellman, with photos.
– Very unusual full page Texaco Fire-chief ad with single adult Dalmatian dog carrying fire hat.
– Psychoquiz, How stingy are you?
– A condensation of the year’s hottest novel, “Gentleman’s agreement” by Laura Z. Hobson.
– Park Avenue party where guests dressed as their favorite sinners, Dorothy Kilgallen and Richard Kollmar, many pages of photos.
– Lillian Roth, former alcoholic, stops drinking and makes a big comeback.
– Half page Fletcher’s Castoria ad, for childhood constipation.
– MacArthur is a hero in Japan in peacetime.
– Half page Westminster socks ad with red, art by Holmgren.
– Full page color recruiting ad for The National Guard, with art of men learning about 75 mm recoilless rifle.
– LOOK magazine reproduces four paintings from Chrysler Corporation’s collection of Significant War Scenes by Battlefront Artists.
– Rather amazing four page color Betty Crocker, General Mills ad.
– Movie Kisses, includes Cornel Wilde and Linda Darnell in “Forever Amber” and many others.
– Cleveland clergy fights divorce problem, Judge Julius M. Kovachy, Margaret H. Hawkins, E. Dana Brooks, includes Reverend J. H. L. Trout counseling troubled couple.
– Sarah Lawrence College customizes education, with Martha Rockwell, Helen Merrell Lynd, Barbara Bolten, Burry Meunier, Cameo Curtain Company, Sarah Lawrence, Harold Taylor, Madalyn O’Shea.
– Two Broadway hits, “Street Scene” and “Finian’s Rainbow” with Sheila Bond, Danny Daniels, Anita Alvarez and others.
– Cute full page color Ballantine Ale ad with cobbler.
– The road to the baseball big leagues, with Ted Del Guercio, Don Griffin, Oneonta, more, nice long piece with good candid photos.
– Navigator Arthur Shay takes some great photos of the crash (and rescue of crew) of an Army C-54 airplane in Newfoundland, includes Marion E. Oberhelman, Dick Hummel, Max Roman, Pat Humes, James B. Deas, William M. Brotzman, Harmon Field, Walter Williamson, Walter Bolton, Richard Angle, Clyde Angley, Florence Shay.
– Chicago’s Municipal Judges work at high speed with justice and mercy, lots of sample cases, Judge Kula, no names of defendents.
– Half page Whizzer bike motor ad, 6 miles of fun for a penny.
– Full page color United States Brewers Foundation beer ad with art by Stevan Dohanos, 4 in series, Backyard Barbecue.
– Neat article on painter Salvador Dali.
– Crime prevention radio show, I was a Convict.
– Photocrime, solve it yourself, The Shake-down.
– Movie review of “Duel in the Sun” with Gregory Peck and Jennifer Jones.
– Short piece on singer Carol Brice.
– The Pink Bride’s honeymoon at Laguna Beach.
– Full page color Camel cigarettes ad with diver Mildred O’Donnell, swimmer.