Cover : United We Stand, artwork of soldier guarding a shoreline next to a tall flagpole with American Flag.
– Full page American Optical ad with country store with post office inside, art by Herbert Morton Stoops, art by John Atherton.
- Curious full page B. F. Goodrich tires ad saying that it is patriotic to hitchhike.
– Full page movie poster ad for Sergeant York with Gary Cooper.
– Archibald MacLeish answers vital questions about the war and how it affects America.
– Dorothy Thompson writes that women stand to lose in the war everything they have gained in the last century, for example “Relegation to the Kitchen is one of the first steps away from freedom and democracy.”
– A number of other articles about the true effects of the war on the citizenry.
– Full page Chevrolet ad, V stands for Volume, too!, Chevrolet has devoted its skills and resources to victory.
– Flier Don Mason (3rd in LOOK Magazine’s series on American Heroes), art by Robert Fawcette, “Sighted Sub Sank Same” message.
- Fighting seamen from the training station at Great Lakes, includes full page color photo of Boots in White, boot camp men in formation, naval recruits, shows all pieces of uniform kit, great article with lots of photos of recruits and training, Joe Garcia, page 30 is Michael Vaccaro as identified by a 2Neat customer.
– Actress Anne Gwynne goes on a tour of Texas, includes Texas Ranger Lee Miller, singing class at her High School, shearing sheep, more.
– The American Housewife, the 20 job woman (3rd in LOOK Magazine’s series on American Women), Mrs. Dennis Morris of Livingston, New Jersey, Betty Morris, includes Morris family yearly budget.
– Track and Field coach Dean Cromwell, Southern California, includes shot putter Carl Merritt, High Jumper Gil Greene, Hurdler John Blewener, Broad jumper Mel Bleeker, Pole Vaulter Willard Schaefer.
– Photocrime, solve it yourself, Flight to Doom.
– Parenthood USA, The story of the Medical profession, “Birth Control” is recognized formally, Planned parenthood.
- Schoolboys are helping to win the war, Kip’s Bay Boys’ club build plane models to help train Navy gunners, Reino Ahlberg, Tom McAusland, Leonard Messina, a great pairing of interest and need.
– Fashion, what to wear at the beach, Barbara Jane Orr.
– Emily simmons and Beulah Hornor travel for four days on the Steamboat paddlewheeler Gordon C. Greene down the Mississippi River, includes Oak Alle plantation, shoe shine boys, more.
– Full page color Chesterfield cigarettes ad with Deanne Fureau, Motor Transports Corps, on a motorcycle.